CODE ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT
Code Enforcement Officer
732-223-0544 Ext. 307
Office Hours: Monday through Friday
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
RENTAL CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY (Download application now)
A Rental Certificate of Occupancy must be obtained prior to the occupancy of rental property in the Borough of Manasquan. When making arrangements for obtaining a Rental Certificate of Occupancy, please consider the following process:
- Submit a completed application to the Code Enforcement Department, making certain all requested information is provided.
- Check or money order payable to Borough of Manasquan, per fee schedule on application.
- At the time of submission, make arrangements for an inspection appointment. A checklist for this inspection may be obtained through this office.
- Upon completion of the inspection, a placard will be posted by the Code Enforcement Officer in the unit citing the occupancy number of the unit for sleeping. All units having violations that are health or safety related will not be posted for occupancy. You will be notified as to the violations found and if a reinspection fee is required.
TRANSFER CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY (Download application now)
A Transfer Certificate of Occupancy must be obtained prior to the closing and title change of real estate property in the Borough of Manasquan. When making arrangements for obtaining a Transfer Permit, please consider the following process:
1. Submit a completed application to the Code Enforcement Department, making certain that all requested information is provided, along with the necessary fee.
2. At the time of submission, make arrangements for an inspection appointment. A checklist for this inspection may be obtained through this office.
3. Upon completion of the inspection you will be notified as whether the property
has been granted a transfer Permit or whether violations have been cited.
CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
(Download checklist now)
Someone over the age of 18 MUST be present on the day the inspection is scheduled.
All of these documents will start being used as of December 3, 2013.
New Ordinance or Policy Enforcement
Borough Ordinance #14-9.5 – Display of Numbers
Every building fronting on any street shall at all times conspicuously display on the front of their home, street numbers plainly visible from street day or night.
Ordinance 1994.07 – Garbage Collection Curbside: Permanent house numbers must be on all containers.
Please visit Manasquan’s Flood Information website for comprehensive information on knowing your flood hazard, flood insurance, flood safety, property protection, how to build responsibly, protecting natural floodplain functions as well as municipal resources available to you on flood protection and mitigation.
Manasquan’s Construction & Code Department offers the following services for property owners:
- Copies of Elevation Certificates (if available)
- Map Interpretations including flood zone determination, base flood elevations, hazard areas, flood depth data, historical flood data, hurricane and coastal flood inundation areas
- Free technical assistance on flood protection, mitigation, insurance and financial assistance
- Request a site visit to review flooding, drainage, and sewer problems as well as about how to protect your property from flooding.
For any of the above services, or any questions regarding flooding, flood mapping, flood protection assistance or to request a site visit, please contact Manasquan’s Construction & Code Department at (732) 223-0544 ext. 307 or by visiting the second floor of Borough Hall.
For additional emergency preparedness information, please visit the Office of Emergency Management’s website at www.manasquan-nj.com/OEM.
For comprehensive flood preparedness, safety, protection, mitigation, insurance and financial information, please visit the National Flood Insurance Program’s official website at www.floodsmart.gov.